Friday, February 26, 2010

Impressionists on My Mind

I had a custom order for a doll sweater. There was no special wishes for theme or colors. I quickly got the idea of impressionist painters and sunflowers after I finding some lovely handdyed yarns from my stash.
Yesterday I attended a meeting arranged by Etsy.com in Helsinki. There was about 40 Etsy sellers from Finland and Matt and Benedikta from Etsy's new Europe's office. We had show and tell and there were pretty amazing stuff that people had made for their little shops. In the world of super markets I sometimes wonder if making by hand will be totally forgotten. But yesterday I felt that there are so many of us who still appreciate handmade stuff.

3 comments:

Elios said...

Ihanan taiteellinen neulejakku!

Päivi Eerola said...

Thank you, Elios, kiitos!!

Tippaliisa said...

Niin kauniit värit jakussa! Katselin sinun tekemiä nuken vaatteita, ne ovat tosi hienoja. Olet todella taitava! =O)

Wool jacket has so beautiful colors! I looked at your doll's clothes, they are really cool. You're really talented!